This summer was filled with adventure right from the start with a trip to Fern Resort. The adventure continued when we relived memories of our trip with Zack at Blue Mountain. Signs were everywhere, including seeing one of Zackie's old therapists at the pool! It was when I started working full time with momstown and the kids went to a camp they loved. It was a summer filled with crummy weather but sunny days that lasted long enough for a week.
I know a bucket list should really begin at the start of the summer, but I really had no idea what I was in for this year. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have predicted or even wished for a summer like the one we had.
1. I conquered my fear of suspension bridges at the Scenic Caves. The best part, was that Ty was with me all the way.
2. So, I didn't exactly stick to Weight Watchers this summer, but I did enjoy all the BBQs, dinners out and chilled chardonnay it had to offer! I proud to say that I did maintain my 30lb loss and I can't wait to start up again this September for the next 20lbs!
3. I decided to collect back to school items for the school we visited in Jamaica, through Sandals Foundation, and I'm so excited to send them cartons of supplies for their children and teachers.
4. I attended my first momstown birthday party and was blown away by the work that goes into them across all chapters in Canada.
5. I passed along my dad's "Livestrong" bracelet to a friend whose dad is now fighting his own cancer battle. I know that this small gesture will help bring some hope to their family, as it did to ours.
6. I lost my phone at Wonderland and was blown away when someone texted a friend of mine, on my phone and I actually got it back!
7. Ty and I braved the only mountain coaster in Ontario, the Ridge Runner in Blue Mountain and we were so damn proud of ourselves and each other! Another sign that we would be alright- the man helping us on the ride was named "Zack". The next challenge was Silver Streak at Wonderland- while I'm happy I did it, I won't be riding again!
8. We attended the Canadian Open (that's golf) and we had such a great time watching the pros- I didn't NOT have a great time when a man opened the outhouse door and then Paul captured this moment on film!
9. I watched our boys grow together as brothers. While many moms will be looking forward to school to end all the bickering at home, I will not be one of them. I have been blown away at how our two boys have found more in common, enjoyed each other's company, looked out for each other, chosen to sleep in the same bed several nights and been so proud and supportive of one another. I'm not sure if the 4 year gap is closing, or whether Jayden has matured out of the "annoying little brother phase", but it has been a joy to watch and a memorable summer for that alone.
10. I've seen my son walk on water- to my knowledge, there is only ONE other mom who can say THAT!
11. We have hiked mountains, explored caves, ridden quad bikes through the forest and swam in the lake today- more than ever, our family has enjoyed nature and get outside together!
12. The boys got time with Daddy! It's been amazing watching Daddy Daycare, while Paul was off. I even saw Paul realize his dream of golfing with his sons, while he missed that Zackie was not there, this has been the summer to ignite the love of golf in both of our boys!
13. We reunited Roxy with her dad (left, Brady), and mom (right, Macy).
14. We met a family member we didn't know we had and learned that we will meet another one in 9 months!
15. We celebrated 13 years of marriage and even had some romantic dates this summer, including a dinner cruise on the boat where Paul proposed over 19 years ago!
16. We went to the Shrine Circus and it totally blew our minds! The boys even attempted some acrobatics and broke a chair at the show.
17. We had incredible days and nights in Fenelon Falls, with my parents. Spending time there means "being bad with Nana" eating brownies, hot tubbing, fireworks, fishing, boat rides, projects in Poppa's workshop, boat rides to get ice cream, tubing and being serenaded by my nephew's armpit farts! All the while, the "Zackie" bell rung for us every day, reminding us that he was right there too.
18. Taking the boys to their first concert is our way to send off a great summer!
While I'm both nervous and excited to start a new school year, I can honestly say that we have made the most of this incredible summer!
What was your favourite part of this summer?